ALLOCATE Terms & Conditions
1. Definitions1.1 The “ALLOCATE”, “we”, and “our” mean the organisers of the ALLOCATE event.
1.2 “You” and “your” refer to the registered ALLOCATE website user and/or ALLOCATE event or training course attendee (“delegate”). Your use of ALLOCATE’s products, events, training courses and websites (collectively referred to herein as the “Services”) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and ALLOCATE.
1.3 “Customer” refer to the purchases of any store products from the website.
1.4 “Use of the Software and Content” refers to accessing the learning management system via a web browser, and using the licensed Software together with accessing the Content deployed on the learning management system.
2. Accepting the Terms and Conditions (thereafter “Terms”)2.1 In order to use our Services, you must firstly agree to the Terms.
2.2 You can accept the Terms by:
- Clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by ALLOCATE in the user interface for the Services; or
- By booking, purchasing or using our Services. In this case, you understand and agree that we will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards. If you are registering on behalf of another it is your responsibility to ensure that the delegate is aware of the Terms and accepts them, and by completing the registration, you are warranting that you have made the delegate aware of the Terms and that they have accepted the Terms
2.3 The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by ALLOCATE.
3. Use of Services3.1 In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (e.g. identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Services, or as part of your continued use of the Services.
3.2 You agree that any registration information you give to ALLOCATE will always be accurate, correct and current.
3.3 Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with ALLOCATE, you agree that you will not: (i) reproduce, duplicate or copy, or (ii) sell, trade, resell or otherwise commercially exploit, any of the Services, or any part thereof, for any purpose.
4. Passwords and account security4.1 You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access our Services. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that you will not permit any other person to use your account or password to access our services.
4.2 You agree that you will be solely responsible to ALLOCATE for all activities that occur on your account.
5. ALLOCATE events5.1 ALLOCATE reserves the right to issue and revoke tickets at its sole discretion. If a ticket is revoked, a full refund will be issued.
5.2 Only the individual named in a registration can retrieve and use the corresponding ticket. Tickets are non-transferable without the prior consent of ALLOCATE.
5.3 Without prior consent, tickets cannot be obtained at the event / course.
5.4 Unless a delegate requests a refund at least 14 days prior to the event/ course, such delegate will not receive a refund for an unused ticket.
5.5 ALLOCATE makes no guarantee that every session will have room to accommodate all delegates. No refunds will be issued if space limitations prevent a delegate from attending every session.
5.6 Each delegate hereby grants ALLOCATE the right to distribute the name and company affiliation of such delegate to all other delegates. Except as granted within these Terms or otherwise granted in writing by a delegate, no additional information about a delegate may be distributed.
5.8 During the registration process, each GP is invited to provide a profile that will be distributed to each LP (a “Portal Profile”). Each GP who submits a Portal Profile hereby (a) grants ALLOCATE the right to electronically distribute the Portal Profile to every LP and (b) acknowledges and agrees that ALLOCATE will not be responsible for any further distribution of any Portal Profiles by the LPs or any third-parties.
5.9 ALLOCATE includes a forum that invites selected GPs to present to the LPs (the “Presentation Program”). During the registration process for ALLOCATE, each GP may apply to participate in the Presentation Program (a “Presentation Applicant”) by submitting an application and any additional marketing materials that such Presentation Applicant wishes to submit (collectively, the “Presentation Application”) for review by the Presentation Program’s selection committee (the “ALLOCATE Selection Committee”). The ALLOCATESelection Committee will (a) review the Presentation Application and (b) select the Presentation Applicants who will participate in the Presentation Program.
5.10 Any Participant who submits a Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application (a “Submitting Participant”) hereby grants to ALLOCATE a perpetual and irrevocable license to (a) combine any information in such Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application with information submitted by other Submitting Participants and/or materials from external data sources, to create an anonymousand aggregatedreport (the “Aggregated Data”) and (b) present, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use the Aggregated Data during and after ALLOCATE.
6. Payment for ALLOCATE events and training courses6.1 Upon acceptance to the event/training course, you will receive confirmation and a dated invoice.
6.2 We request full payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice or prior to the event/training course taking place, whichever occurs sooner.
6.3 All events/training courses are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
6.4 All e-learning products are subject to the following license grant:
6.4.1 In consideration of the Fee paid by the Customer to ALLOCATE, ALLOCATE hereby grants the Customer a non-exclusive license for the period of 12 months to use the Software and Content (courses) deployed on it in accordance with the agreed numbers of purchased users
6.5 All e-learning products are subject to the following scope of use:
6.5.1 For the purpose of clause 6.4, use of the Software and Content shall not include allowing the use of the Software or Content by, or for the benefit of, and personal other than an employee of the Customer.
6.5.2 The customer may not use the Software and Content other than as specified in clause 6.4.1, 6.5.1
6.6 Except as expressly stated in clause 6.4&6.5 the customer has no right and shall not permit any third party to copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, dissemble, modify, or make any error corrections to the Software of content in whole or in part (whether by reverse engineering, decompilation or disassembly).
6.7 The Customer may not use any such information provided by ALLOCATE to create and software or content whose expression is substantially similar to that of the Software or Content supplied under this license nor use such information in any manner, which would be restricted by any intellectual property or copyright subsisting on it.
7. Cancellations and non-attendance by the delegate7.1 If you are unable to attend an event then your place must be cancelled. All applicable fees are non-refundable; however, there is no charge if a substitute delegate wishes to replace an original delegate from the same company. Please inform ALLOCATE of any such change to the original booking as soon as possible. Tickets are non-transferable unless pre-approved by ALLOCATE.
8. Warranties and limitation of liability8.1 Joining instructions for events and training courses will include an outline of the day, venue details, map and local hotel details, if applicable, and shall be issued approximately two weeks prior to the event or course. It is the responsibility of the delegate to contact ALLOCATE if joining instructions have not been received. ALLOCATE will not be held responsible for non-receipt of joining instructions and refunds will not be issue under such circumstances.
8.2 ALLOCATE gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the event/training course or any materials related thereto or offered at the event/training course and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing the Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness and merchantability. Neither ALLOCATE nor its affiliates can accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the event/training course or any information provided at the event/training course.
8.3 None of the materials pertaining to our events and courses is intended to constitute financial, legal or other advice, should not be relied upon as such and is not a substitute for obtaining such advice. ALLOCATE, its employees, trainers, contractors or consultants do not accept responsibility for delegates’ actions, or those of any other people reading course notes or interpreting the training in litigation
8.4 ALLOCATE does not accept responsibility for complaints arising from possible food poisoning or allergies and all such complaints should be addressed or directed to our catering companies, which can be contacted through us upon request. We will take reasonable steps to communicate any special requests/dietary requirements on behalf of the delegate if they are provided at the time of booking.
8.5 While ALLOCATE endeavors to ensure reasonable safety and security at our events and courses, it must be understood that all parties attending do so at their own risk. We will not be held responsible for injuries that may be incurred as a result of attending an event or course where the circumstances are outside of our control. Neither ALLOCATE nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the event or training course or other aspect related thereto or in connection with the Terms. However, nothing in these terms and conditions or any other terms of ALLOCATE seeks to exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from ALLOCATE’s negligence.
10. Changes and cancellations by ALLOCATE10.1 You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to change any and all aspects of the event/training course, including but not limited to, the event/training course name, themes, content, programme, speakers, hosts, moderators, venue and time.
10.2 We also reserve the right to cancel an event/training course at any time without liability. In these circumstances, we will offer an alternative date, a credit note or a full refund, but no compensation will be paid for any additional costs incurred.
11. Concessions11.1 A concession or discount offered on ALLOCATE events/courses is exclusive; concessions or discounts cannot be combined.
11.2 Except for company-wide or pre-agreed discounts, the higher discount will always be applied.
11.3 In the case of special offers, these must be requested at the time of booking in accordance with the relevant offer terms and conditions; they will be applied automatically.
12. Late payment12.1 Late payment is defined as not having paid within 30 days of the date that appears on the invoice or after the event/training course has occurred.
12.2 In the case of late payment, we reserve the right to charge interest on all outstanding payments at the rate of 2 per cent per calendar month, or part thereof if less than a calendar month, until payment is made.
12.3 In any case where the delegate has not paid, or for example has other outstanding payments, we reserve the right to refuse entry to our events/training courses.